Social Media Toolkit for Men’s Health Month
June is Men’s Health Month and we use social media to share education and awareness about men’s health issues around the world. You can help us spread the message by using this social media toolkit — it’s packed with example Tweets, pictures, Facebook posts and health resource links.
Please help share! Also, please feel free to customize and/or use your own, unique ways to help the cause. The goal is always the same: Help the men you know live healthier, happier lives.
Below are pictures you can use throughout the month and during the buildup awareness campaign (click to enlarge):
Para Español, haga clic aquí.
Common hashtags: #MensHealthMonth and #ShowUsYourBlue
- It’s the 22nd anniversary of Men’s Health Week! How’d it start? ow.ly/kadfH #MensHealthMonth #ShowUsYourBlue
- June is Men’s Health Month! Send us pictures wearing blue to show your support. ow.ly/xaKY300AqBq #MensHealthMonth #ShowUsYourBlue
- Men die five years faster than women. Let’s fix that! ow.ly/JzLA300AqNz #MensHealthMonth #ShowUsYourBlue
- Hey guys! It’s #MensHealthMonth . Perfect time to set your routine doctor’s appointment and get peace of mind!
- Eat right. Exercise daily. Visit the doctor. Stay healthy. Stay strong. RT and #ShowUsYourBlue #MensHealthMonth
- Women are 100% more likely than men to visit a doctor. RT #MensHealthMonth to help change that! –> ow.ly/JzLA300AqNz
- Don’t like seeing the doctor? You’re not alone. But we all need to man up and schedule annual visits. #MensHealthMonth
- Guys: Set a healthy example for the kids and family. Be healthy, #ShowUsYourBlue and visit the doctor. #MensHealthMonth
- More exercise. Less junk food. Wise up for #MensHealthMonth and #ShowUsYourBlue
- Many health conditions can be prevented or detected early with regular checkups. Make prevention a priority! #MensHealthMonth
- 1 in 2 men get cancer in their lifetime. Women? 1 in 3. Let’s change the statistics. –> ow.ly/JzLA300AqNz #MensHealthMonth
Para Español, haga clic aquí.
#ShowUsYourBlue to help us celebrate the 22nd anniversary of Men’s Health Week! President Clinton signed it into law in 1994. The goal hasn’t changed: Encourage men everywhere to make health a priority, and live a happier life #MensHealthMonth –> ow.ly/4mXhu9
#ShowUsYourBlue and spread the message of Men’s Health Month! Wear and share pictures of things that are blue, and tell the men in your life how to be healthy and happy. –> ow.ly/xaKY300AqBq #MensHealthMonth
Men die five years earlier than women, on average. So time to man up and get involved in #MensHealthMonth Visit a doctor, or encourage a friend. Wise up on all the facts available for men –> ow.ly/JzLA300AqNz Don’t forget to #ShowUsYourBlue
Men need to take care of their family, right? Hard to do if they can’t take care of themselves! So buck up and do it for them. They’ll be glad you did –> ow.ly/JzLA300AqNz #MensHealthMonth #ShowUsYourBlue
Men’s health is a family issue. It affects wives, mothers, daughters and sisters. Ladies, #ShowUsYourBlue and help the men in your life eat healthy, exercise and visit the doctor for #MensHealthMonth –> ow.ly/xaKY300AqBq
Men, listen up: We struggle at going to the doctor. Women go twice as much and end up living five years longer. So get it in gear during #MensHealthMonth and #ShowUsYourBlue ow.ly/xaKY300AqBq
Additional Content Resources
1. Men’s Health Network – www.menshealthnetwork.org
2. MHN YouTube – www.youtube.com/user/MHNMedia
3. Men’s Health Resource Center – www.menshealthresourcecenter.com
4. Show Us Your Blue – www.twibbon.com/Support/mens-health-awareness
5. Prostate Health Guide – http://www.prostatehealthguide.com/
6. Men’s Health Month – http://www.menshealthmonth.org/